Wednesday 9 October 2013

Galaxy manicure

Hello!



I'm so proud of myself for doing my manicure this way. It was my first time trying and I think it turned out pretty well. I know for some, it might look a little bit... interesting. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of nail art like little flowers etc. But I was trying to experiment and that's what I came up with!


This might look like a lot of work, but it's actually very easy.


Apply base coat (1) to protect your nails. Paint your nails dark purple color (2). With a pair of tweezers (4) take a tiny piece of a make-up sponge (3) and dip it into white (5) nail polish. Pat it on your nails. You can make each of the lines different. Dip the same make-up sponge piece into any yellow nail polish (6) and pat it onto the white nail polish design. Do not pat all over the white, let it peak quite a bit. Then take light rose nail polish (7) and dip in onto the white/yellow one, letting both colors be visible. Dip sponge into a pink (8) nail polish and dot a few times over the design we did. Then take light purple nail polish (9) and pat it on the edges of the white, so we blend it with the dark purple. Take any dotting tool or a toothpick and dip it into a white (5) nail polish. Quickly dot it over the dark purple nail polish so we make little stars. Then dot a few bigger "stars" on each of the nails, so it looks more realistic. Paint over your nails with a top coat to give more shine and protect the design. You're done and you have a beautiful galaxy design on your nails!

If you try this, show me the pictures, would love to see it!




1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I've always loved the galaxy trend and the nail-art part is my fave :D

    ReplyDelete