Wednesday 25 September 2013

Tutorial: Job interview or work appropriate look!

Hi guys!


Sorry for being absent for over a week, but the past week was crazy busy for me and I had no time to sit down and blog. I still did some make-up looks over that time, so I had enough material to blog about but not enough time.

That said, today's look is job interview or work appropriate look, that a lot of us can wear on daily basis too. It's perfected face with minimal eyes shadow and nude coral lip.


with flash

no flash

  1. Prime your face, I used Benefit's POREfessional to minimize the appearance of my pores
  2. Apply your foundation, I wanted medium to full coverage so I used Revlon's Colorstay
  3. Apply concealer where needed, I applied Essence Match to Cover concealer's darker side on my blemishes and lighter side under my eyes for some brightness there.
  4.  Set your concealer and foundation with powder, I used Revlon's Colorstay
  5. Use bronzer to warm up your face, apply it on the outer part of your face, I used Too Faced's Chocolate Solei
  6. Use some blush to bring the color back into your face, I used shimmery Milani's blush in Luminoso
  7. Prime your eyelids, I primed mine with Milani's Eyeshadow Primer
  8. While waiting for the primer to set, define your brows with a pencil or powder, whichever you prefer. This is an important step that will give more definition to your face since we are not going to use a lot of eye shadow. I used ELF Brow Kit in Medium. 
9. Apply a matte light cream/white color (1) over your lid and and on the inner tear dot. Then, take a fluffy blending brush and apply matte light brown color (2) to the socket of your eye, to give your eyes a little bit of depth. Apply cream (1) color on your brow bone and dark matte brown in between your upper and lover lash line instead of an eyeliner - this will define your eyes but still look a lot more natural than a liner. For all these steps I used Physician Formula Matte Collection eye shadow palette in Canyon Classics.
10. Apply a few coats of mascara on your upper and lower lashes, I used Maybelline's Big Eyes mascara for natural looking lashes.
11. For the lips, I used an ELF Matte Lip Color in Coral and to enhance the color and give a little bit of shine I also applied some NYX Butter Gloss in Maple Blondie.

And you're done!



For the hair, I blow dried it to give it more volume, then just brushed it out, took it to one half of my face and tied it up into a side ponytale! Super simple but still pretty!

Products I used

Hope you like the look! Let me know what you think and does your work let you wear more colorful and bright make up? 






No comments: