Thursday 12 September 2013

Review: St. Ives Apricot Scrub

Hey!

I know there are a lot of mixed reviews on St. Ives Apricot Scrub, but I thought I'd give you my opinion on it.


Facts:
Oil-free
Sulfate free
Paraben free
100% Natural Exfoliants
Hypoallergenic
Non-comedogenic

Retails for around $4.

Claims:
From America's #1 scrub brand, this award-winning Apricot Scrub with 100% natural exfoliants deep cleans, instantly leaving skin smooth and glowing.


I've been using this for almost 10 months so only by that you can tell that I enjoy it. I know there's a version of it with 2% of salicylic acid in it, and I tried that one too, liked it also, but now I'm just using other products that consists the medication, so I don't want to use too many products with it in it, that way it does not dry out my skin.


As the company suggests, I use it every three to four days to remove any dead skin cells from my skin. I think it does its job well and leaves my skin soft and extra clean. Did not notice any exact "glow" after using it, but it still feels nice. A lot of people say that the apricot scrub is too harsh on their skin, but I have not noticed it and I have a very sensitive skin. It did not dry my skin, did not make it more sensitive or red.

At the moment, I am very pleased with my skincare routine for my acne-prone sensitive skin. I might have a blog post coming on everything that I do to keep my skin clean and try lighten the scarring and dark spots that I have.

LIKES:

  • Gets rid of dead skin cells
  • Gentle enough
  • Does not break me out
  • Paraben-free
  • Nice smell
  • Very affordable
DISLIKES:
  • Only available overseas
My last thoughts... 
I really like it! A great addition to my skincare routine. Works well!

Do you use a scrub for your face? What kind of? Let me know!


No comments: