Saturday 31 August 2013

FOTD + Tutorial: everyday neutral eye look!

Today my make-up is simple and I love it. I think it's a great back to school make-up look too! Please make sure to click on the pictures to enlarge them and have a better look at the makeup.


Face: These two steps are optional, but I first used my Victoria's Secret Make-up Primer And Setting Spray - a few sprays all over my face and I applied a few pumps of Victoria's Secret VS PRO Airbrush FX Anti-Red Correcting Primer. Then, use your foundation, I used Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3in1 foundation and applied it with my Expert face brush by Real Techniques. This foundation has SPF so it's not the best for taking picture with flash as you can see in the pictures I took:) To cover your under-eye dark circles if you're not getting enough sleep, use your concealer. It gives the best results if concealer is one shade lighter than your foundation. Dab it lightly under your eyes with your ring finger or use a brush. I used Loreal True Match Crayon Concealer  and after that, I also used some Maybelline Age Rewind brightening concealer to make sure it's nice and bright under there:) Set your concealer with any powder so it does not crease! I used my ELF Studio High Definition powder. Then to set my foundation all over my face I use NYX Stay Matter But Not Flat foundation powder so it gives me even more coverage without looking cakey and I used some Rimmel Stay Matte powder on my t-zone. I contoured a little with my W7 Honolulu bronzer and for my blush I used W7 Africa powder. Down the bridge of my nose and on the top of my cheekbones I used some W7 Candy Floss powder to give me a healthy glow. To get rid of the powdery feel and set my makeup I used the same VS Primer and Setting Spray.


before
after
Eyes: First I applied my Milani Eyeshadow Primer and then while waiting for it to dry I combed through and filled in my brows a little bit using my ELF Eyebrow Kit and to set them use any kind of eyebrow gel - clear mascara works well too! All of the shadows I used to create this look were from Lorac PRO palette, but I'll describe the shadows so you can use any you have. Firstly, take matte light brown color (in Lorac PRO: Taupe) and put it in your crease blending it well. Then take a shimmery champagne color (Champagne) and apply it all over your lid. Going back into your matte brown color (Taupe) make the line between the champagne and crease colors seemless. Then to make your eyes look even more awake, take a little bit of shimmery nude color (Nude) and apply it on the center of your lid. After that, take any matte deep brown color (Sable) on a small pencil brush and apply it on your outer V blending it well. Take the same color and apply it lightly under your lower lash line. Finally, take any matte cream color (Cream) and apply on your brow bone, underneath your brow and in your inner corner to highlight those areas. The key is to blend everything well so you cannot see any harsh lines. Take any waterproof nude or white pencil, I used Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof eyeliner and line your waterline to make your eyes look even bigger. Apply a few coats of mascara, I used Maybelline The Falsies and your done with your eye makeup! I know this looks like a lot of steps, but once you get the hang of it, it literally takes less than 10 minutes!


Lips: I wanted to keep this look simple and fresh so I just used some Maybelline Baby Lips Electro in Strike a Rose. Just use any kind of tinted lip balm to give your lips a nice pop of color and you're good to go!

all the products that I used

Hope you enjoy the look! Let me know what you think!





2 comments:

  1. Lovely look. Great lipstick.
    Adela x

    Misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adela! It's just baby lips by Maybelline.

      xx Gintare

      Delete