Thursday 29 August 2013

First impression: W7 face powders

Hey guys!

It's not much of a review, because I have not tried these W7 products on my face yet. I just received the products and wanted to mention them and give you kind of a first impression thoughts I have.


As you can tell from the pictures these face powders remind a lot of Benefit powders. I want to try Benefit's Hoola, but I already have too many bronzers (more than I would need anyway) and I just ordered The Balm's Bahama Mama bronzer so I figured I would give these a shot first, and if I'm not satisfied enough, I will invest in Benefit's Hoola later.


Basically, W7 Honolulu is a matte brown (not orangy!) bronzing powder. I really like the color, and the color payoff is nice too, but it has a lot of fall out. When you swatch it with your finger, the powder feels nice, silky and soft, but if you try and use the brush that's included (it's very soft too), you will get a ton of fallout.


W7 Candy Floss is a brightening face powder and it is a nice light pink shimmering highlight but can also qualify as a blush because it is quite pigmented and you can definitely see the pink color too and not only shimmer when you swatch it. It has a fair amount of fallout, but still very pretty!


W7 Africa is considered to be a bronzing powder (at least on the packaging!), but I do believe it's more of a pink shimmering blush. The color is quite opaque and is very pretty for my taste! The powder itself is a mixture of brown, pink and coral but when you swatch it or apply with a brush it's definitely more pink than anything else. It has some shimmer but definitely not glitter chunks. Not as much fallout as with the other two too!

Check out my swatches for all of the three products:
No flash. From left to right: Africa, Candy Floss, Honolulu
With flash. From left to right: Africa, Candy Floss, Honolulu
I know swatches like that are not very helpful when it comes to blushes/bronzers, because you would definitely use it more sheer when applying it on your face. But I just wanted to give you an idea of what they look like on the skin!

Overall, I do really like all three of the powders I got and the only con that I can tell for now is the amount of fallout that all of these powders have. But you can't really beat it for the price! Each for them retails from  £3 to  £5 depends on where you buy them. I bought them on ebay because even though I paid more for the products than on some other websites, the shipping was cheaper on there. I am very excited to play with these some more!


No comments: