Monday 2 September 2013

Review: Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

Hello!


For the past 4 months I've been religiously using this Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser twice a day. So I feel pretty confident doing my review on it.

Facts:

Oil-Free 
Noncomedogenic
Soap-Free
Hypoallergenic

It has 0.5% salicylic acid and moisture-rich soy extracts.

Retails for around $9.

Claims:

This foaming cleanser helps improve skin's tone and texture and clears up blemishes without overdrying, leaving skin soft, smooth and even-looking. This mild formula won't clog pores and is gentle enough for sensitive skin.



First, I'll mention that foaming cleansers are good for oily skin mostly, if you have dry or normal skin, I would recommend using a cream cleanser instead.

So to start with, I can agree with everything the company claims. I have an oily, acne-prone and sensitive skin. It is a very gentle cleanser, that I use twice a day, morning and evening. It does not dry out my skin, after using this cleanser my skin feels very soft and clean. Wouldn't know how it works for removing make-up because I just don't feel comfortable not using make-up removing wipes! First I remove my make-up and then use this Aveeno cleanser and my skin feels very clean! So far, I went through two bottles, this is my third one and I already have a back-up of it too. My dermatologist recommended using noncomedogenic products only and I'll admit, I'm not the best at it, but I'm happy at least the product that I use every single day twice does not clog my pores so it didn't break me out. I did notice an improvement in my skin so far, it definitely feels smoother than before. I believe it helped with my acne scarring too! Pretty happy with this product so far, hence having a back-up of it.


LIKES:
  • Gentle
  • Foaming = great for oily skin
  • Does not dry out skin since it has soy extracts
  • Does not break me out
  • No overpowering smell
  • Very affordable
  • Has a pump


DISLIKES:
  • Has a pump - I love the packaging, but once you've used some of the cleanser the pump will start not working as well - it will get stuck once you push it down and you have to lift it up before pushing down again - happened with all three bottles I had.

My last thoughts....
I love this product! Soap-free and oil-free with soy extracts - great combination for my needy sensitive skin!

What is you favorite cleanser? What skin type do you have?




2 comments:

  1. I just recently purchased their moisturiser, I loved it.

    http://thereisalwaysatwistinthefairytale.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/aveeno-daily-moisturising-lotion.html

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete