Tuesday 10 September 2013

Tutorial: Lily Collins make-up look

Hi!

Lily Collins is one of my favorites actresses and I thought she looked stunning on the Mortal Instruments Red Carpet back in August. She went with bright red cherry lipstick and iridescent eye shadow. It's a great fall time look too so I decided to re-create the look, so here we go:






Face: I don't have the perfect porcelain skin like she does, I went with my normal face products. I use Rimmel BB Cream which I really enjoy, it has the most coverage out of all BB/CC creams that I tried so far (and I tried like 5). I used my Almay concealer on the spots I have and Loreal True Match Crayon and Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser concealers under my eyes. I set everything with Revlon Colorstay powder. Lily didn't have any bronzer so I did not use any. She looked like she did not have any blush too, but I felt like I needed some so I just used a natural satiny finish rose blush on the sides of me cheeks, but not the apples, almost like a contour.



Eyes: Start off by priming your eyelids with any eye shadow primer, I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Then Lily is well known for her bold, thick eyebrows, so I tried to make mine as thick as possible with my ELF Eyebrow Kit. You can even take your concealer and apply it under your eyebrows to make the eyebrows stand out even more - that's what I did. Then take a shimmery iridescent cream color eyes shadow, I used Loreal Infallible eye shadow in Iced Latte, and apply it all over your lid. Take a matte taupe color, I used Lavish (1) in my MUA Undress Me Too eyshadow palette, and apply it on the outer V bringing it all the way into your crease. Blend it out well, but keep the V shape visible. Then take the same shimmery eyeshadow and apply it lightly over the taupe color and on the inner lower lash line. Then take any shimmery gray color, Exposed (2) in MUA palette, and apply it on your outer lover lash line bringing it up to the V we made with the taupe color. That will smoke out a look a little bit. Lily definitely did not have any eyeliner on her lower lash line but some color were was still visible.  Then take any matte cream color (Naked (3) in MUA) and apply it on your brow bone to highlight the area. Take black eyeliner, I used Rimmel Scandaleyes in Black, and apply it between your upper lashes bringing it up to the V a little, but not all the way. Lily definitely had her eyes defined but no strong lines! Apply a few coats of your favorite mascara, this time I used Maybelline The Falsies and you're done with the eye make-up!


Lips: I feel like the lips was the main factor in her make-up. She had this great dark cherry color on, that I had trouble finding in my collection. But I got pretty close! So use the darkest cherry lip liner you have and line your lips with it. I used Wet n Wild Coloricon lip liner in Brandy Wine. Then take the lipstick, the darker the better, I used Loreal Color Riche in 701, and apply it evenly. To make the look even more vampire-like, you can use a bright red lipstick on you inner part of the lower lip!


all the products I used

Hope you guys like the look! This was my first time trying to re-create celebrity's look and I had so much fun! Tell me what you think? Have a great day!




Lilly Collins photos: Getty Images

No comments: